It’s January 2018 and after a term’s break, Out There Music Bristol is up and running again for the start of the New Year! And as you can see from the picture, our choir members do turn up all over the place!
All the OTM Bristol groups start up again this week, kicking off with the OTM Bristol Chamber Choir on Monday night. The Chamber Choir will be working towards a big concert next Christmas in the beautiful surrounds of Cote Lane Chapel at St. Monica’s on The Downs. In the meantime though, there will be a performance at the OTM Bristol Summer Show on Saturday 30th June, 2018, in the majestic setting of Bristol Grammar School’s Great Hall.
Upcoming music the Chamber Choir will be singing includes;
- I Hide Myself -Eric Whitacre
- Ubi Caritas – Ola Gjeilo
- The Beatitudes – Arvo Pärt
- Song For Athene – Tavener
- ‘S Wonderful – Gershwin
- Hide and Seek – Imogen Heap
- Veni Sancte Spiritus – George Fenton
- Now Oh Now I Needs Must Part – John Dowland
- Choral Dance No’s 2 + 6 – Britten
- Abendlied – Rheinberger
The North and South Bristol Community Choirs also kick off this week and the song selection for both choirs includes;
- Starman – David Bowie
- Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Something Just Like This – Coldplay / The Chainsmokers
- Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
- Human – Rag ‘N Bone Man
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- I’ve Had The Time Of My Life – from ‘Dirty Dancing’
- Con Te Partiro – (sung by) Andrea Bocelli
- Bewitched – (sung by) Frank Sinatra / Ella Fitzgerald
The Community Choirs are also working towards the OTMB Summer Show on 30th June, 2018. It will be a very relaxed event and although the musical quality will of course be high (!) the audience will be seated at round tables, cabaret style with drinks available.
Although it seems a long way off now, if you want to come along, you can buy tickets for the event on the door on the night.
Or if you would like to be involved as a performer, remember, we’re always looking to recruit new members so if you want to get involved in any of the groups, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or just come along to one of our rehearsals. To see where and when each group rehearses just click here.
There’s a lot to look forward to in 2018 for Out There Music Bristol!Leave a reply →